Monthly Homework Packet
- Kindergarten homework packets come home monthly at the end or beginning of each month, depending on how the months fall. A sample of what the packets look like is to the left. They are divided into 4 weeks to help you manage how your child completes them. I suggest splitting them up weekly or bi-weekly, so your child isn't doing too much at once. Spreading out the practice of skills helps with long term retention and success.
* Don't hesitate to email me with any questions!
· If there is ever a concept or skill in a homework packet, that you notice your child needs extra support, don't hesitate to email me. I will try to find resources to send home! I will also do my best to give your child extra attention in school to review and help them further master it.
EXCELLENT Behavior Ticket Program
Students receive a raffle ticket for going above & beyond to help others or take care of the classroom. Every 2 weeks, on Fridays, I choose 5-7 tickets & these students earn prizes from our prize box. I promise to do my best to "catch them" doing good! : )
Student of the Week Projects
(More to come at Back-to-School Night on 10/10)
Students are assigned to a week and present his or her poster, & classmates and I create a "shared writing" on chart paper, listing what we learned about him or her. An example is below, but you are welcome to use regular poster paper.
Classmates then create a page for a special book which students take home at the end of the week. Each page is a personal writing and drawing from classmates telling their favorite thing they learned about the student.
General Helpful Reminders
- On days you'd like your child to order lunch, please send in a lunch slip. If your child orders every day, you're welcome to fill out the entire paper from Monday through Friday. (A link is above to download & print new strips)
- Pack a healthy snack each day SEPERATELY from your child's lunch for easy unpacking & locating in the mornings. Be mindful that our snack time is between 9:45 & 10:15 am, so try not to pack something too sweet or unhealthy.
- Lunch money should be sent in an envelope with:
- Scholastic book orders made online each month earn a free book for our classroom! Please consider ordering throughout the year! Our class code is HD4RJ.
- There will be days when daily folders come home empty. They come home anyway in case forms, notes, or lunch money need to come to school the following day.
- When planning a trip, write and submit a note to the office as early as possible. Calls suffice for last minute sick absences/appointments, but the school needs a letter stating the dates your child will be absent & the reason for absence.
Tuesday’s & Thursday’s: Be sure your children wear sneakers for Gym.
Every Day: Check daily folders for letters, notices & checked classwork, projects, and graded homework
Birthdays - Contact me a few days in advance to arrange your child's birthday celebration in class
Library Books & W.E.B. Book